Day 1 (January 5) of the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead program was not too bad, except that I had a really bad headache by the time I got home from work.
I weighed myself and after I woke up and then had a half cup of the ginger/lemon hot water.
I made my juices for the work day.
Upon my arrival at work I had my first juice, the Mean Green Juice (MGJ):
Joe’s Mean Green (Green Juice)
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition per serving: 251 kCal; 1049 kJ; 6 g protein; 54 g carbohydrates;
1 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 2 g fiber; 30 g sugar; 128 mg salt
16 kale leaves (Tuscan cabbage)
8 celery sticks
2 in (5 cm) piece of fresh root ginger
Throughout the day I sipped my water probably only consuming 40 ounces for the day.
I had my next morning snack of my take on the Berry-Apple-Cinnamon Bake, which was basically just blueberries and raisins. I saved the uncooked apples for my afternoon snack.
In the afternoon I had my second MGJ and later ate the whole sliced apple.
By the time I got home I was so hungry. I couldn’t even wait to make another juice for dinner. Instead I had a salad pictured below, made with Kale, Spinach, broccoli, grape tomatoes, avocado, and some cilantro. My dressing was the juice from half a lemon and a little virgin coconut oil.
I followed the salad with a few ounces of the “orange juice”:
Carrot-Apple-Lemon (Orange Juice)
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition per serving: 188 kCal; 786 kJ; 2 g protein; 44 g carbohydrates;
1 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 3 g fiber; 29 g sugar; 58 mg salt
I only used a half of a lemon. And I only made a few ounces to taste it and confirm that I liked the recipe so that I use that recipe in the next mornings’ juice.
My headache didn’t seem to go away and in addition that evening I felt super nauseated. So I went to bed a little earlier than normal.
Are you juicing, or doing a raw food regimen? I’d like to hear your thoughts, and recommendations below.
See Related Articles:
- Fitcrazed: https://fitcrazed.wordpress.com/2015/01/12/juicing-shopping/
- The Banded Vegan: https://bandedvegan.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/5-days-of-juicing/
- Diary of Little Foodie: https://littlefoodiediaries.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/mean-green-juice-and-the-pre-wedding-tone-up/
- Two Girls Blog:http://twogirlsblog.com/2015/01/12/my-juice-fast-a-full-report/
- The Tilly Vanilly:http://thetillyvanilly.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/juice-as-i-expected/
- The Tartan Doe: http://thetartandoe.com/2015/01/05/3-day-cleanse/
- Coltons Juice Journey: https://coltonsjuicejourney.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/day-one/